IUAV – Istituto Universitario di Architettura di Venezia was founded in 1940.
In 2000 it became a university with three schools: Architecture, Arts and Design, Regional Planning. In 2013 three new departments have replaced schools: Dept. of Architecture, Construction and Conservation; Dept. of Architecture and Arts; Dept. of Design and Planning in Complex Environments.
Today IUAV has more than 4000 students and several branches throughout the center of Venice.